You pro's know the drill by now!
Each person is judged on their individual ability.
You get a new dance partner in each round.
They are knockout rounds, so make sure you dance your best!
Top Cats Pro
- Randomly allocated couples will dance to music chosen by the DJ.
- Qualifying dancers will be asked back to the next round. Judges decisions are final.
- Points will be awarded for style, innovation, musical interpretation, quality of dancing and synchronisation of dancers rather than the number/difficulty of moves.
- Judges will also award points for dress and presentation.
- Airsteps, (lifts, jumps and acrobatic moves), will not be permitted. Disqualification from the competition will be automatic should a couple attempt these moves.
- Partners must not release hand hold or break contact for more than eight beats.
- The lead and follow aspect of the dance must clearly be demonstrated.
- The dance must be recognisable as a modern jive like Ceroc.
- Dance Teachers/professionals are allowed to enter this section.
- Partners will be allocated on the day.
- Competitor numbers are strictly limited so places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.