Don't bring a partner as each person is judged on their individual ability.
You get a new dance partner in each round.
They are knockout rounds, so make sure you dance your best!
Top Cats Amateur
- Randomly allocated couples will dance to music chosen by the DJ.
- Qualifying dancers will be asked back to the next round. Judges decisions are final.
- Points will be awarded for style, innovation, musical interpretation, quality of dancing and synchronisation of dancers rather than the number/difficulty of moves.
- Partners must not release hand hold or break contact for more than eight beats.
- The lead and follow aspect of the dance must clearly be demonstrated.
- The dance must be recognisable as a modern jive like Ceroc
- Dance Teachers/professionals and open level dancers are NOT allowed to enter this category.
- Partners will be allocated on the day.
- Competitor numbers are strictly limited so places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- The event will be recorded by film, video and photograph; these may be used for Ceroc promotional purposes without any obligation.
- The organisers accept no responsibility for loss or injury to persons or possessions in relation to this event.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.