Routines can be in any style of dance (partnered or solo) and will be judged for their ‘entertainment’ value. This takes consideration of, but not limited to:
- Musical Interpretation
- Quality of Dancing
- Performance: engagement with audience and one another and use of expression
- Imagination: Innovation of theme and content
- Use of Space: Formation, shape and placement
- Complexity: challenge of choreography with relation to number of dancers.
- This category is open to all, amateur and professional.
- A team must be between 6 and 30 dancers.
- Each team must nominate a Representative (Team Leader) or Choreographer through whom all discussions will take place.
- Each team must dance to their own music which must be provided the organisers by no later than 3 weeks before the event. Format: As a file sent to or shared location.
- It is your responsibility to make sure CSW have a working copy and make sure CSW have acknowledged they have received your file. On some form of USB memory (eg stick) with MP3 or unprotected AAC, WAV, AIF. Digital Format Quality: 192 kbps, 44 kHz or higher. Length: Between 3 - 6 minutes in length. (Please note that we cannot accept tapes, CDs or minidiscs).
- Team leaders must submit a definitive list of all team members and the final name of the Team at least 10 days prior to the event.
- All individual team members must purchase a Day Entry ticket to the event to be able to take part in this competition.
- Any performance which is either under 3 minutes or over 6 minutes will be penalised.
- Judges decisions are final.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.