BRAND NEW CATEGORY for 2020!
This is your chance to get creative, connected and show us your smoothest moves to slower tracks.
Slow & Smooth Open
- This category is open to amateurs and professionals.
- 1 ticket per couple to enter.
- Couples will dance to music chosen by the DJ.
- Points will be awarded for style, musical interpretation, innovation, synchronisation of dancers, quality of dancing as well as the variety and creativity of moves.
- 2 major airsteps or inverted move per track will be permitted plus drops, leans and baby aerials of any kind. The major airsteps or inverted move should last no longer than 7 seconds (That is the ladies feet should not be off the floor for more than 7 seconds from the beginning to the end of the move).
- Partners must not release hand hold or break contact for more than eight beats.
- The lead and follow aspect of the dance must clearly be demonstrated.
- The dance must be recognisable as a modern jive like Ceroc.
- Dance Teachers/professionals are allowed to enter this section.
- Competitor couples or partnerships from the Intermediate & Advanced Freestyle sections are not permitted to enter this section.
- Competitor numbers are strictly limited so places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.