In this section competitors choose their own piece of music and perform their own choreography.
This category is intended as a platform to showcase any genre of dance.
- This category is open to all, amateur and professional.
- Any dance style is acceptable in this category.
- Each team should consist of one couple only. Couples may be single-gendered.
- Each couple must dance to their own music which must be provided to the organisers no later than a week before the event, on a file transfer such as USB of between 3 - 5 minutes in length. (Please note that we cannot accept CDs, tapes or minidiscs).
- Any performance which is either under 3 minutes or over 5 minutes will be marked down.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Points will be awarded for style, musical interpretation, innovative choreography, quality of dancing, synchronisation of dancers and entertainment value.
- Judges will also award points for dress and presentation.
- This section is open to everyone including teachers and dance professionals.
- Competitor numbers are strictly limited so places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.