The AMATEUR in the couple is the FOLLOW.
This competition is open to couplings comprising of a dance professional and an amateur.
Pro Am Follow
- This category is open to partnerships consisting of a dance professional lead and a follow amateur dancer.
- 1 ticket per couple to enter.
- Couples will dance to music chosen by the DJ.
- Points will be awarded for style, musical interpretation, innovation, synchronisation of dancers, quality of dancing as well as the variety and complexity of moves.
- 1 major airstep or inverted move per track will be permitted plus drops, leans and baby aerials of any kind.
- Additional notes: The major airstep or inverted move should last no longer than 7 seconds. That is the follows feet should not be off the floor for more than 7 seconds from the beginning to the end of the move.
- The lead and follow aspect of the dance must clearly be demonstrated.
- The dance must be recognisable as a modern jive like Ceroc.
- Dance Teachers/professionals are allowed to enter this section.
- Competitor couples or partnerships from the Intermediate & Advanced Freestyle sections are not permitted to enter this section.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.