This eagerly anticipated category will bring out your best performance.
The Open category is recommended for dancers who want to dance Ceroc with no holds barred!
- This category is open to all, amateur and professional.
- 1 ticket per couple to enter.
- Couples will dance to music chosen by the DJ.
- Points will be awarded for style, musical interpretation, innovation, synchronisation of dancers, quality of dancing as well as the variety and complexity of moves. Judges will also award points for dress and presentation.
- 2 major airsteps or inverted move per track will be permitted plus drops, leans and baby aerials of any kind. The major airsteps or inverted move should last no longer than 7 seconds (That is the ladies feet should not be off the floor for more than 7 seconds from the beginning to the end of the move).
- Partners must not release hand hold or break contact for more than eight beats.
- The lead and follow aspect of the dance must clearly be demonstrated.
- The dance must be recognisable as a modern jive like Ceroc.
- Dance Teachers/professionals are allowed to enter this section.
- Competitor couples or partnerships from the Intermediate & Advanced Freestyle sections are not permitted to enter this section.
- Competitor numbers are strictly limited so places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.