No partner required, no need to practise, just turn up on time and we allocate you a partner at random.
They may be a complete stranger... or they may be your dance partner.
Ladies be quick!
- This category is open to all, amateur and professional.
- Couples will dance to music chosen by the DJ.
- This category is knockout rounds. Qualifying dancers will be asked back to the next round. Judges decisions are final.
- Points will be awarded for style, innovation, musical interpretation, quality of dancing and synchronisation of dancers rather than the number/difficulty of moves.
- Airsteps, (lifts, jumps and acrobatic moves), will not be permitted. Disqualification from the competition will be automatic should a couple attempt these moves.
- Partners must not release hand hold or break contact for more than eight beats.
- The lead and follow aspect of the dance must clearly be demonstrated.
- The dance must be recognisable as a modern jive like Ceroc.
- Partners will be allocated on the day.
- Competitor numbers are strictly limited so places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- The event will be recorded by film, video and photograph; these may be used for Ceroc promotional purposes without any obligation.
- The organisers accept no responsibility for loss or injury to persons or possessions in relation to this event.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.