Open to amateurs who want to compete with the best on the amateur competition circuit.
If you are a more experienced dancer who wants to step it up a notch, then this is for you!
- This category is open to amateurs ONLY.
- 1 ticket per couple to enter.
- Couples will dance to music chosen by the DJ.
- Points will be awarded for style, innovation, musical interpretation, quality of dancing and synchronisation of dancers rather than the number/ difficulty of moves.
- Judges will also award points for dress and presentation.
- Airsteps, (lifts, jumps and acrobatic moves) will NOT be permitted and disqualification from the competition will be automatic should a couple attempt these moves. Baby airsteps and drops, however, will be permitted.
- Partners must not release hand hold or break contact for more than eight beats.
- The lead and follow aspect of the dance must clearly be demonstrated.
- The dance must be recognisable as a modern jive like Ceroc.
- Dance Teachers/professionals are not allowed to enter this section.
There will be no refund for entrants who pull out of the competition either before or during the event.